9 Steps to Creating the Perfect POUT
- To ensure your lipstick lasts, you'll want to firstly make sure there are no flakes of dead skin visible.
- Next, apply a hydrating, non-oily lip balm. Anything with a waxy consistency is preferred over a slippery texture that will cause colour to slide right off.
- Pat a little foundation or concealer over lips. Don't entirely blank out your mouth, this gives your lipstick a little something extra to adhere to. If you have a dark skin tone, this also helps enhance the lipstick's true colour.
- If you're wearing a bold lip colour, outlining the outer edge of your lip line with concealer will create a barrier to prevent bleeding. It's basically like installing a fence for your lipstick! Outline and tap softly with your finger to blend.
- Now, take a lip liner and outline the lips, as well as fill them in. The lip pencil is drier than lipstick and serves as a layer of colour for the lipstick to grab onto.
- Begin applying your colour selectively, instead of just swiping across the whole lip. This makes for even, controlled application. I've had great results with Adderton Beauty's staying power and the pigmentation is just beautiful.
- Fill in the rest of your lips.
- Take a tissue and separate it into two halves. Place one sheet on your lips and dust translucent loose mineral powder over the lips, through the tissue. This is a trick you'll see makeup artists doing backstage at fashion shows. Now you won't worry that it's some model torture treatment. This sets the colour, without depositing a layer of powder.
- Lightly apply a bit more lipstick on top. Now smile. Your lip colour is ready to go the distance!